At Moorgate we have a safe, trusting, enabling and stimulating environment.
We promote a sense of purposeful citizenship with shared values and respect for diversity and equality.
We believe in enabling independence and resilience for all our children; motivating them to aspire to and achieve their full potential in an inclusive and valued community.
We believe in preparing pupils for the future, ensuring that they have the life skills to make a positive contribution to the British society and the Global community in which they live and develop a strong foundation for personal health and well-being.
Aims of Our School
- To achieve and maintain high standards of behaviour, working together to promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, trust and understanding where all are valued and included.
- To promote the spiritual, ethical, moral, cultural, intellectual and social development of our pupils, ensuring well-being and celebrating British values and diversity.
- To provide a supportive and nurturing environment to develop pupil’s self-worth and caring attitude, enabling them to value and share responsibility for themselves, their families, relationships, society and the environment.
- To achieve and maintain an inclusive climate of equal opportunity, developing individuals to aspire to and reach their full potential, whilst safeguarding the entitlement of all pupils to a high quality of education.
- To involve and value children’s contributions in the decision-making process that impacts upon their learning, personal development and their environment.
- To foster an inclusive atmosphere conducive to learning and teaching which provides a breadth and balance of learning experiences that meet the needs of all children to promote independent learning.
- To equip children with the skills, knowledge and positive character attitudes which will allow them to develop a joy in life and learning, confidence in themselves to problem solve and reason, resilience, tolerance and respect for others including an understanding of the diversity of modern society and the wider world.
- To provide a safe, secure, enabling and stimulating environment where children can develop and celebrate their abilities, interests and talents to the highest possible standard they can achieve.
- To strengthen partnerships between home, school, the local and global communities.
- To prepare our children as future citizens; preparing them to engage and persevere as individuals, parents and workers with the awareness to accommodate economic, social and cultural change.
Principles of Teaching & Learning
Teaching and Learning is the business of the whole school. At Moorgate we recognise that children learn better when they are excited and engaged. We know that excellent teaching promotes this and motivates our children to find joy in what they are doing and have a love for learning. We wholeheartedly agree with the Principles for Teaching and Learning as set out in the New Primary Strategy and our aim is for Moorgate Primary School to be a motivated learning community committed to life-long learning.
‘Together we will Aspire, Achieve and Sparkle’